Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gangnam 88, Solaris Mont Kiara

Address: No 1-1, Jalan Solaris 3, Solaris Mont Kiara (above Coffee Bean)
Telephone: 03-6206 5888

Follow them on Facebook.
--------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know that I didn't have a separate post on Gangnam 88!

I have been there about 3 times, I think, and all with Moving on AC, who apparently has a VIP card due to his regular visits.


I first had the bibimbap set (see Good Coffee and Food post) in January and with such a generous serving, the place required another visit. :)

We went again on 23rd February (that's how long I store food pictures in my phone!) and we noted a change in their pricing. Previously the barbeque set option of meat (beef/pork belly/pork fillet) was RM30 but it was now RM33. This time, the set included a bowl of rice to go with the meat. Prior to this, you could only enjoy the meat with green leafy wraps.

Side dishes with free refills!

The pork belly set, with steamed egg for my set.

Juicy!

Kimchi fried rice.

This time, I opted for the kimchi fried rice set (RM20) which comes with steamed egg and a bowl of soup. The fried rice was decent, not too bad, and paired with a sunny side up, is just great. ;)

And with the additional bowl of steamed egg, gosh, you'd be stuffed if you were eating on your own!

(But the size of the bowl for the steamed egg has shrunk, so I'm sure you'll do fine.)

Done!

Korean ice kacang.

Choice of dessert was ice kacang or coffee. It's part of the set!

The ambiance at the bistro is cosy in a rowdy kind of way. I say rowdy, is when the Korean MTV is blasted loud above the general din of patrons chatting in Korean or English. The noise level is generally decent.

Communication may sometimes be a problem with our Korean waitress/waiter so be sure to speak slowly and carefully, and well, just point to what exactly you want.


Related post:
Good Coffee and Food

Other reviews:
Venoth's Culinary Adventures
We Live For Food, I Eat For Life


p.s. I'm not partial to Korean food so this post is the best I can do.  And yes, this place is worth visiting again! :)

2 comments:

  1. How many times do I have to remind myself not to read blogs that talk about food at 11.05pm! Now my tummy's growling.

    The pork belly with steamed egg looks deliciously yummy. Was it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haiya, you can afford some more fats lah!
      then maybe you'll have more energy to run faster? hahahaha

      pork belly and the steamed egg was definitely yummy!!

      Delete